What is Lean?
Lean was originally developed by the car manufacturing industry as a way of cutting out waste and streamlining systems, but the principles are just as relevant for any business, looking to make improvements to the way they operate, including yours.
Jana Hocken, dairy farmer and Lean consultant, will introduce you to:
- What Lean is, the principles behind it, including Kaizen, and how it can benefit your business.
- What “waste” exists on farm and how to find it.
- How this waste can add unnecessary time, cost and stress to your day.
- Key Lean tools which you can use straight away on your farm.
- How to create a well-organised, clean, safe, efficient and easy to operate workplace.
- Real life examples of Lean in practice on farms.
At the end of the seminar you will receive an action plan to help you get started with Lean on your farm and a copy of The Lean Dairy Farm book.
Lean is not just a one-off reorganisation, but a system which helps you to continue to look for opportunities, and make improvements to the way you operate.
Free event, all welcome
Morning tea: 9.45 am
Main program: 10 am – 2.30 pm
Attendee numbers are capped, so make sure you register early!